The second part of our D-I-Y SEO efforts is blogging and why it’s a critical part of your overall SEO efforts.
One of the many questions during the initial conversation with a potential client is how can blogging help with their search engine ranking and what are they going to blog about.Instead asking what and how, you need to be asking why?
This is the one area where small businesses can help themselves get the results they want, however it’s also where the most effort is needed if you are going to
do it yourself.
There are so many benefits and reasons to blog from building trust and your brand, subject matter expert and keeping your subscribers informed just to name a few.
Blogging creates new and fresh content filled with relevant content. This is how your potential customers will find you through their search. A site that produces new content regularly will always rank higher in search engine result for the same keyword search 100% of the time. And most importantly, it provides Google new content to index.
The greatest single source of high quality lead generation comes from your blog.Business who blog on a monthly basis has a 57% success rate in acquiring new
customers, and those who blog regularly the number increases to 82%.(Hubspot)I understand that for small businesses, adding another task to your already busy
schedule will not leave you much time to do anything else, however ignoring this keeps you from increasing your bottom line and holding you back from your success.
Here is a list of the Benefits that Blogging will help your business
1) As a business owner, this keeps your clients/customers connected with you and informed. They already trust you and this is an easy way for them to share your
content with their circle of influence. In a way, they act as a salesforce for you to spread your services or product and provide another link back to your website.
The more links back to your site the greater the chance of being found. Now you’ve just opened the door to finding new clients that you otherwise would not have the opportunity.
Blogging takes time and energy and does not give you immediate result, however, once get your first client form your blogging effort, you will become an advocate
of blogging and wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.
2) Improve your writing skills and become a better writer. One of the oldest ways of communicating is through writing, it allows you to put thought and knowledge on paper. I have definitely improved my writing since I started Blogging, but it’s also kept me informed and up-to-date. It’s allowed me to have greater
understanding and increased my knowledge which has given me the opportunity to blog more often and regularly.
3) For every Blog post that you create, provides a new opportunity for potential clients/customers to find you. This creates a link in Google search results that
will keep bringing in new visitors even years after you’ve written that article. Each new article provides a new link back to your website. The more articles you
write, the more you increase your chances of being found. Most traffic will come from posts which you’ve written months ago.
4) Build authority and Brand Awareness that will add to your credibility and increase loyalty to your existing clients/customers. Blogging is an on-going
marketing campaign that never sleeps. The content you publish will bring in and build communities where you come across as a subject matter expert. A loyal community of followers helps you with viral marketing where they will share your content with their followers and so on or whoever finds your article of noteworthy and shared through Social Media.
5) Blogging provides a platform to advertise your product or services. What greater way to promote your product and or services for free. It gives you a new
link which visitors can find you. It provides a non-intrusive way of promoting your business without the hard sell.Aside from advertising your services and or products, it’s also your PR box. Your platform to your views, announcements, industry news.
Become the source of information that your customers and community followers come to get the information they need. Become that expert in your industry that people look for.
Let’s just summarize the benefits of blogging
- Links From Your Blog Post Google Page Rank
- Delivers Traffic To Your Website
- Free Advertising
- Improve Writing Skills
- Share Your Knowledge
- Lead Generation
- Opens Conversation
- Brand Awareness & Loyalty
- Free On-Going Marketing Campaign
- Keeps You Motivated
- Subject Matter Expert
- Builds Trust
- Lead Generation
- Opens Conversation
- Creates Brand Awareness & Loyalty
- On-Going Marketing Campaign
So if you’ve been sitting on the fence about Blogging, it’s time to claim what’s yours and start competing for business that your competitor is taking away from