What is jQuery and Why use it for Development?
The Downloadable Library
jQuery is almost like a type of framework you can work off of. You download a package from jQuery.com and then install a library of scripts on your server. This library has jQuery function that you can embed to your scripts. This will help you keep the file size down, create scripts faster and keep your code smaller.
- Supports All Versions of CSS
- Supports Events and Utilities
- Works with Ajax
- Creates Usability, Effects and Animations
- Works in all Popular Internet Browsers
- Small File Size
- Can combine with Prototype
- Can work with Other Coding Languges
Tutorials & References
If you’re looking into learning some jQuery, there are tons of tutorials at jQuery Tutorials.
Potential & Examples
To see a full list of the potential of jQuery and what it could do for your website, check out this blog post 50+ Amazing jQuery Examples. It has everything from sliding panels, menus, tabs, galleries and effects.
What is jQuery, it’s Just the Beginning