Essential Sites for Designers to Promote Your Portfolio

Essential Sites for Designers to Promote Your Portfolio

With every single business that needs a web presence now, it’s no wonder that there are many who call themselves designers. How many jobs out there can you express your creativity on a daily basis and that you truly are passionate about what you do.

With all that said, we are in an ultra competitive almost cut throat industry where competition is global and almost all clients award those who can provide their services at the lowest cost. There is a lack of standards, pricing is subjective and results are mediocre.

As a designer your success relies on the quality of work you produce, it’s all about your portfolio and what you can show your potential clients that will determine where that next paycheque is coming from. There’s a constant daily grind to get ourselves noticed and to showcase our work in front of potential clients and employers.

To give yourself the best possible chance and to put yourself above the competition, focus on producing exceptional work on your creativity, high level of design, use of typography, knowledge of colors and understanding of effective user interface design. There are an abundance of opportunities out there and we are not exempt from the law of business where 20% get 80% of the business and the other 80% fight and claw, and undercut each other for the remaining 20%.

So get yourself noticed just like any other service provider, you need to marketing and promote yourself and you need to do it regularly. Here is a list of essential sites for designers to promote your portfolio and showcase your work.

1. Behance

Its the number one place for creative’s to showcase and discover creative work. Companies use this site regularly to access talent on a global basis. This is a must for you to promote yourself and your work.

behance

2. LinkedIn

LinkedIn is the largest professional network with over 225 million members, this is a great place to make connections and network and has a large pool of creative’s. There are constantly new jobs and freelance opportunities available.

linkedIn

3. DeviantART

DeviantART is a platform that allows emerging and established artists to exhibit, promote, and share their works within a peer community dedicated to the arts.

deviantart

4. Dribbble

This is a place for Web designers, graphic designers, illustrators, icon artists, typographers, logo designers, and other creative types share small screenshots that show their work, process, and current projects.

dribbble

5. Carbonmade

Home to over 500,000 nifty portfolios and an ever-growing team of talented people who love making neat things. A great place to show off your work and a personalized portfolio.

carbonmade

6. Coroflot

Connecting designers with outstanding career opportunities and giving innovative companies access to leading talent, or bringing exposure to amazing design work. Over 150,000 new projects published every month from professionals and students of nearly every country on earth.

coloflot


 

7. Pinterest

Pinterest is a tool for collecting and organizing things you love no matter your interest is there a place for you to showcase your work here. Get your screenshots pinned here and will always link back to the source.

pinterest

8. Flickr

Flickr is the best online photo management and sharing application in the internet. Make your work available to the people who matter most in an organized way.

flickr

9. Shown’d

Whether you’re a photographer, graphic or web designer, illustrator, writer, videographer, or “that guy”, you’re going to need a portfolio. Get your free online portfolio and connect with employers.

shownd

10. Shadowness

Shadowness is an art community serving over 50,000 artists and designers, worldwide, as well as an audience of millions of viewers monthly. Allow artists and designers to connect to each other and share their work.

shadowness

11. Portfoliopen

Designed especially for designers, Portfoliopen provides a user-friendly interface with features to help you create a professional looking portfolio in without any HTML or programming.

portfoliopen

12. Design Related

The design:related community serves to motivate designers and creatives to share their work and visual ideas, network and collaborate with other creatives, and find job opportunities.

design-related

13. Crevado

Create and showcase your online portfolio. A free and easy to use solution for creatives to showcase thier work. Best of all your work can be viewed in any device.

crevado

14. Creatica

Creattica is a gallery of great design and inspirational imagery. Anyone can submit their work for consideration and voting on items is open to one and all. The best work is accepted and featured in the gallery which receives thousands of visitors every day.

creattica